A £153,000 carriageway resurfacing scheme at Woodlands, Gilford is due to commence on Monday 27 September 2021.
The improvement work will extend from the entrance of Woodlands development from the Lurgan Road for approximately 450m to end of development. The scheme includes resurfacing of the carriageway and upgrading of road drainage.
Due to the nature of the scheme it will be necessary to operate a daily weekday road closure (Monday – Friday) between the hours of 8.00 am and 6.00 pm from Monday 27 September to Tuesday 26 October 2021.
The estate road will be open to traffic in the evenings during the week and at weekends. Local access for residents and emergency services will be maintained however some delays may be experienced. The main A50 will remain open at all times.
Infrastructure Minister Nichola Mallon said:
“This significant investment will greatly improve the strength and surface quality of this section of the road network to the benefit of all who use it. I would like to thank the travelling public and local residents in advance for their cooperation while these much needed works are completed.”
The Department has carefully planned these road works and associated traffic management arrangements in order to minimise inconvenience to the public. Road users are advised to allow extra time for their journey.
Completion of the work by 26 October 2021 is dependent on favourable weather conditions. The Department will keep the public informed of any change. All work will be carried out in line with current public health and health and safety advice, with safe systems of working in place for staff and contractors.
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: Trafficwatchni
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure.
- Minister O’Dowd welcomes bus strike suspension 16 May 2022
- Publication of ‘DVA Monthly Tests Conducted Statistics – April 2022’ 13 May 2022
- Road improvement scheme for Largymore Drive and Lansdowne Park, Lisburn 03 May 2022
- Temporary closure of lower deck of Craigavon Bridge, Londonderry 03 May 2022