The Tempo Road, Enniskillen at Feddan will benefit from a £100,000 carriageway resurfacing scheme, which is due to commence on Monday 28 September 2020.
The improvement work will extend a distance of approximately 1,950 meters from the junction with the Pubble Church Road towards the junction with Largy Road. The scheme includes resurfacing of the carriageway and upgrading of road drainage.
Due to the nature of the scheme it will be necessary to operate a road closure between 8.00 am and 6.00 pm from Monday 28 September to Wednesday 30 September and from Monday 5 October to Wednesday 7 October 2020. Lane closures will also be in operation during the day from Wednesday 30 September to Monday 5 October with traffic control measures in place. The road will be fully open to traffic in the evenings.
A signed two way diversion route will be in place via A4 Dublin Road and B535 Gardiners Cross Road. The road will be open to traffic in the evenings during the works and local access for residents will be maintained at all times although delays may be experienced.
The Department has carefully planned these roadworks and associated traffic management arrangements in order to minimize inconvenience to the public. Road users are advised to allow extra time for their journey and to follow the alternative routes which will be clearly signed on the approaches to the closure.
Completion of the work by 7 October 2020 is dependent on favorable weather conditions. The Department will keep the public informed of any change. All work will be carried out in line with current public health and safety advice with safe systems of working in place for staff and contractors.
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: Trafficwatchni
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: email@example.com.
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure.
- Mallon refuses planning permission for Doraville Wind Farm 26 October 2020
- £148,000 road improvement scheme at Glenburn Road, Dunmurry 23 October 2020
- Council receives an update on infrastructure projects for Mid Ulster District Council 2020 22 October 2020
- Mallon welcomes An Taoiseach partnership approach to delivering on an all-island infrastructure 22 October 2020