A resurfacing scheme for Newtownhamilton Road, Armagh has commenced.
The improvement work will extend for 0.6 kilometres from south of the junction with the Drumconwell Road to the entrance to Latmacollum Road and includes resurfacing with repairs to road drainage.
To help ensure the safety of those using the road and to facilitate the works, traffic is currently being managed under traffic signals, but it will be necessary to operate a road closure, weekdays, excluding evenings and weekends, from 09.15 to 20.00 commencing on Monday 22 May 2023 until Friday 2 June 2023.
An alternative route will be signed with traffic being diverted via A29 Keady Road, B3 Tassagh Road and B31 Newtownhamilton Road.
Local access for residents and emergency services will be maintained although some minor delays may be experienced.
The Department has carefully planned these road works and associated traffic management arrangements in order to minimise inconvenience to the public. Road users are advised to allow extra time for their journey and to follow the alternative routes which will be clearly signed on the approaches to the closure.
Completion of the work by 2 June 2023 is dependent on favourable weather conditions. The Department will keep the public informed of any change. All work will be carried out in line with current public health and safety advice, with safe systems of working in place for staff and contractors.
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: Trafficwatchni
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: email@example.com
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department onTwitter @deptinfra on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure and on LinkedIn at DfILinkedIn
- Infrastructure Minister meets Mental Health Champion 28 February 2024
- Dalradian Gold Ltd - Minerals Planning Application LA10/2017/1249/F and NIE Networks – Powerline Planning Applications LA10/2019/1386/F & LA11/2019/1000/F 26 February 2024
- O’Dowd invests additional £8.1m to repair the road network 25 February 2024
- Infrastructure Minister welcomes suspension of transport strike 25 February 2024