A £196,000 carriageway resurfacing scheme on Main Street, Cloughmills (Phase 2) will commence on Monday 26 July 2021.
The first phase of this scheme was carried out between 28 June and 10 July 2021. The total works will extend for a distance of approximately 1 kilometre and will greatly improve the strength and surface quality of the road.
To facilitate Phase 2 of the works, it will be necessary to operate a road closure (Monday to Saturday) between the hours of 7.30 am and 6.00 pm from Monday 26 July until Tuesday 3 August 2021. During these times a diversion will be in place via Main Street-Drumbare Road-Lisnasoo Road-A26 Frosses Road-Drumadoon Road and vice versa.
In addition there is also an overnight closure for carriageway strengthening and resurfacing associated with this scheme (B94 Main Street / Loughill Road / Drumadoon Road Junction) from Friday 30 July 2021 at 6.00 pm to Saturday 31 July 2021 at 6:00 am.
During these times a diversion will be in place via Lislaban Road-Ballyweeny Road-Ballyveely Road-Kilmandil Road-A44 Drones Road-A26 Frosses Road-Lisnasoo Road-Drumbare Road-Main Street and vice versa.
Local access for residents and emergency services will be maintained at all times.
The Department has carefully planned these road works and associated traffic management arrangements in order to minimise inconvenience to the public. Road users are advised to allow extra time for their journey and to follow the alternative routes which will be clearly signed on the approaches to the closure.
Completion of Phase 2 of the works by 3 August 2021 is dependent on favourable weather conditions. The Department will keep the public informed of any change. All work will be carried out in line with current public health and health and safety advice, with safe systems of working in place for staff and contractors.
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: Trafficwatchni.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: email@example.com.
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure.
- Mallon grants final planning permission for Casement Park stadium 28 July 2021
- Mallon welcomes appointment of contractor to take forward All Island Rail Review 27 July 2021
- Road improvement scheme for A26 Crankill Road Northbound Dual Carriageway, Ballymena 27 July 2021
- £305,000 road improvement scheme for Gilford Road, Lurgan 27 July 2021