Lisburn Street, Ballynahinch will benefit from a £285,000 carriageway resurfacing scheme which is due to commence on Monday 27 July 2020.
The improvement work will extend a distance of approximately 720 metres from its junction with Main Street to its junction with Magheraknock Road. The scheme includes resurfacing of the carriageway and upgrading of road drainage. An existing footway will be widened by approximately 0.5 metres for 55 metres between Main Street and the Hamilton Fold. This will help with social distancing and deliver benefits for pedestrians.
Due to the nature of the scheme it will be necessary to operate a daily weekday lane closure (Monday to Friday) between the hours of 9.00 am and 4.30 pm from Monday 27 July to Friday 18 Sept 2020.
It will also require a full road closure at nights (Monday to Thursday) between the hours of 7.00 pm to 6.00 am from Monday 31 August to Thursday 17 September. During these times a diversion will be in place with traffic being diverted via Lisburn Road, Riverside Road, Dromore Road and High Street.
Apart from the two week period of night closures the road will be open to traffic in the evenings during the week and all day Saturday and Sunday. Local access for residents and emergency services will be maintained at all times during the works.
The Department has carefully planned these road works and associated traffic management arrangements in order to minimise inconvenience to the public. Road users are advised to allow extra time for their journey and to follow the alternative routes which will be clearly signed on the approaches to the closure.
Completion of the work by 18 September 2020 is dependent on favourable weather conditions. The Department will keep the public informed of any change. All work will be carried out in line with current public health and health and safety advice, with safe systems of working in place for staff and contractors.
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: www.trafficwatchni.com/twni/
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: email@example.com.
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- £210,000 road improvement scheme for B43 Pomeroy Road, Pomeroy 28 September 2020
- £310,000 road and footway improvement scheme for B40 Moneyneaney Road, Moneyneaney 25 September 2020
- The Northern Ireland Planning Statistics: First Quarter 2020/21 Statistical Bulletin, has been published today 24 September 2020
- The Northern Ireland Road Safety Strategy (NIRSS) to 2020 Annual Statistical Report, has been published today 24 September 2020