A resurfacing scheme for Legacorry Road, Richhill has commenced.
The improvement work will extend for 0.8 kilometres from the junction with the Armagh Road to the entrance to Richhill village and includes resurfacing with upgrading of road drainage and footway repairs.
To help ensure the safety of those using the road and to facilitate the works, traffic is currently being managed under traffic signals, but it will be necessary to operate a road closure, weekdays, excluding evenings and weekends, from 09.15 to 20.00 commencing on Monday 8 May 2023 until Friday 26 May 2023.
An alternative route will be signed with traffic being diverted via A3 Portadown Road, B111 Corcreevy Road, Main Street, Richhill and New Line, Richhill.
Local access for residents and emergency services will be maintained although some minor delays may be experienced.
The Department has carefully planned these road works and associated traffic management arrangements in order to minimise inconvenience to the public. Road users are advised to allow extra time for their journey and to follow the alternative routes which will be clearly signed on the approaches to the closure.
Completion of the work by 26 May 2023 is dependent on favourable weather conditions. The Department will keep the public informed of any change. All work will be carried out in line with current public health and safety advice, with safe systems of working in place for staff and contractors.
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: Trafficwatchni
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: email@example.com
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure and on LinkedIn at DfILinkedIn
- Road Safety campaigns to reduce careless driving and speeding 01 December 2023
- The Department for Infrastructure announces intention to increase Strangford Lough Ferry fares 29 November 2023
- Publication of Young Persons’ Behaviour and Attitudes Survey 2022 Travel to and from School Factsheet 24 November 2023
- Antrim and Newtownabbey Borough Council Sign Pledge to Stop all Road Deaths in Northern Ireland 23 November 2023