A £391,000 resurfacing scheme on Greencastle Street, Kilkeel will commence on Monday 26 September 2022.
The improvement work will extend from the Newry Street junction to Manse Road, Kilkeel and includes resurfacing of the carriageway with upgrading of road drainage.
To help ensure the safety of those using the road and to facilitate the works, it will be necessary to operate road closures, from 7:00 pm to 6:00 am weekdays starting Monday 26 September 2022 through to Saturday 8 October 2022 and 9:30 am to 16:30 pm on weekdays starting Monday 17 October 2022 to Friday 25 November 2022.
Access for residents, businesses and emergency services will be maintained at all times, although some minor delays may be experienced and road users are advised to allow extra time for their journey.
An alternative route will be signed with traffic being diverted as follows: A2 Newry Street – Scrogg Road – Greencastle Road and vice versa.
The Department has carefully planned these road works and associated traffic management arrangements in order to minimise inconvenience to the public.
Completion of the work by 25 November 2022 is dependent on favourable weather conditions. The Department will keep the public informed of any change. All work will be carried out in line with current public health and health and safety advice, with safe systems of working in place for staff and contractors.
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: Trafficwatchni
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- Resurfacing works at Coalisland Road, Dungannon to commence 27 January 2023
- Attitudes towards E-Vehicles in Northern Ireland 2021/22 has been published today 26 January 2023
- Publication of Road Safety Issues in Northern Ireland 2021/22 26 January 2023
- Publication of ‘DfI Driver, Vehicle, Operator, and Enforcement Statistics 2022-23 Quarter Two’ 25 January 2023