Doughery Road, Banbridge will benefit from a £100,000 resurfacing scheme which is due to commence on Monday 22 June 2020.
The improvement work, which stretches for 400m between Rathfriland Road to the junction of Ballynanny Road, includes resurfacing of the carriageway and upgrading of road drainage. Delays are possible and we are grateful for the patience of road users while we complete this work.
To facilitate the works it will be necessary to implement a series of daily road closures from 7.00 am to 6.00 pm (Monday to Friday) from the 22 June to the 10 July. The road will be open evenings and weekends. A signed diversionary route will be in place using Rathfriland Road and Ballynanny Road. Access for residents will be maintained and road closures will only be in place when work is ongoing.
The Department has carefully planned these road works and associated traffic management arrangements in order to minimise inconvenience to the public. Road users are advised to allow extra time for their journey and to follow the alternative routes which will be clearly signed on the approaches to the closure.
Completion of the scheme by Friday 10 July 2020 is subject to favourable weather conditions, however the Department will keep the public informed of any change. All work will be carried out in line with current public health and health and safety advice, with safe systems of working in place for staff and contractors.
For more information about this and other improvement schemes visit: http://www.trafficwatchni.com/twni/
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hour’s service for media enquiries between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- Mallon to extend Theory Test Pass Certificates for learner drivers. 08 July 2020
- Resurfacing scheme for Belfast Road, Newry 08 July 2020
- Road improvement scheme for O’Neill Road, Newtownabbey 08 July 2020
- Resurfacing scheme for Knocknashinna Road, Downpatrick 07 July 2020