The Collin Road Ballyclare is set to benefit from a resurfacing programme with work due to commence on Monday 7 January 2019.
This programme will be competed in three phases and will deliver significant improvements to both the structural integrity and surface of the carriageway.
- The first stage extends approximately 1.9km from Braepark Road to Carnlea Road.
- The second stage is a 1.7km stretch between Carnlea Road and Sawmill Road.
To facilitate this work a road closure will be in operation daily from 7.00 am to 7.00 pm starting on Monday 7 January 2019 until Friday 1 February 2019.
- The final phase will be the Five Corners junction.
To facilitate this work a full road closure will be required on all legs of the Five Corners junction (including Sawmill Road, Trenchhill Road and Springvale Road) from 7.00 am on Monday 4 February until 7.00 pm on Friday 22 February.
The diversionary route will be via Doagh village. Local diversions will be also be in place around Ballyeaston village.
All diversionary routes will be clearly signed and local access for residents will be maintained at all times during the works.
The Department has carefully programmed the works operations and traffic management arrangements in order to minimise inconvenience, however, road users should expect some delays and are advised to allow additional time when planning any journeys.
To help ensure the safety of road users and road workers the public is asked to comply with all temporary traffic restrictions and to drive with extra care in the vicinity, of the works.
Work is expected to be completed by 22 February 2019 however this will be dependent on the progress of the scheme and on favourable weather conditions.
For traffic information about this and other road schemes visit: https://trafficwatchni.com/twni/
Notes to editors:
- The cost of the Braepark Road to Carnlea Road scheme is £260,000; the cost of the Carnlea Road to Sawmill Road scheme is £200,000 and Five Corners junction is £45,000.
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- Works to commence on new shared footpath link from Broadway Roundabout to Bog Meadows 15 May 2019
- £165,000 resurfacing scheme in Newtownards Town Centre 10 May 2019
- £337,000 resurfacing works on A3 Dobbin Road, Richhill at Broomhill 08 May 2019
- £300,000 road improvement scheme for Harberton Park, Belfast 08 May 2019