A £451,000 resurfacing scheme on C339 Turmore Road, Newry will commence on Monday 13 March 2023.
The improvement work will extend from Rathfriland Road to the junction with Rock Road and includes resurfacing of the carriageway with upgrading of road drainage.
To help ensure the safety of those using the road and to facilitate the works, it will be necessary to operate a daily road closure from 8.00 am to 5.00 pm commencing on Monday 13 March 2023 until Friday 21 April 2023.
An alternative route will be signed with traffic being diverted via Belfast Road – A28 Belfast Road – Downshire Road – Sandy Street – Windsor Hill – Rathfriland Road and vice versa.
The road will be open to traffic during evenings and weekends with local access for residents and emergency services maintained at all times although there may be some minor delays.
The Department has carefully planned these road works and associated traffic management arrangements in order to minimise inconvenience to the public. Road users are advised to allow extra time for their journey.
Completion of the work by 21 April 2023 is dependent on favourable weather conditions. The Department will keep the public informed of any change. All work will be carried out in line with current public health and health and safety advice, with safe systems of working in place for staff and contractors.
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: Trafficwatchni
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- The Travel Survey for Northern Ireland Headline Report 2021 has been published today 30 March 2023
- A28 Loughgilly resurfacing – Sunday 2 April closure 30 March 2023
- The Public Transport Statistics Northern Ireland 2021-22 statistical report 29 March 2023
- Statistical Press Release – Travel to and from school by children in Northern Ireland 2021/22 23 March 2023