A £300,000 resurfacing scheme on the Belfast Road, Newry has commenced.
The resurfacing work will extend a distance of approximately 800 metres from its junction with Mourne Country roundabout to Maurice Murphy Car Sales.
To facilitate the works it will be necessary to operate a full road closure from Monday 29 June 2020 until Sunday 30 August 2020 for southbound traffic and introduce a temporary one-way arrangement for northbound traffic. A signed diversion will be in place for vehicles travelling southbound. Cars and Light Commercial Vehicles are being diverted via Carnbane Way, Armagh Road, Canal Street, and Downshire Road. Heavy Good Vehicles are being diverted via Dublin Road and Bridge Street
The Department has carefully planned these road works and associated traffic management arrangements in order to minimise inconvenience to the public. Road users are advised to allow extra time for their journey and to follow the alternative routes which will be clearly signed on the approaches to the works.
Completion of the scheme by 30 August 2020 is dependent on favourable weather conditions however the Department will keep the public informed of any change. All work will be carried out in line with current public health and health and safety advice, with safe systems of working in place for staff and contractors.
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: www.trafficwatchni.com/twni/
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: email@example.com.
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- Resurfacing Scheme for Ballybuttle Road, Millisle 14 August 2020
- Road improvement scheme for Cable Road, Whitehead 14 August 2020
- Road improvement scheme for Dungannon Road, Cookstown 13 August 2020
- Mallon announces Regulatory Recovery Support for Buses and Taxis 13 August 2020