A £225,000 resurfacing scheme on the A55 Belvoir Road is due to commence on Monday 11 October 2021.
The improvement work will extend along the southbound carriageway from the Newtownbreda Road at Tesco to the Milltown Road. Additional works will also be undertaken to ensure the safe movement of pedestrians along the adjacent footway.
Infrastructure Minister Nichola Mallon said:
“This significant investment will greatly improve the strength and surface quality of this key transport link. I would like to thank the travelling public and local residents in advance for their cooperation while these much needed works are completed.”
To facilitate the works it will be necessary to implement overnight road closures, between the hours of 8.00 and 6.00 am, from Monday 11 October 2021 until Monday 18 October 2021. During these times the Southbound carriageway will be closed and a diversionary route will be clearly signed for traffic via A24 Saintfield Road, Purdysburn Road and Milltown Road. The Northbound carriageway will remain open and there will be access to the Tesco store throughout the work.
The Department has carefully planned these road works and associated traffic management arrangements in order to minimise inconvenience to the public, however road users should allow additional time when planning their journey and comply with all temporary traffic restrictions. We would like to thank residents in advance for their patience as we complete these essential maintenance works as efficiently as possible.
Completion of the work by 18 October is subject to favourable weather conditions, however, the Department will keep the public informed of any change. All work will be carried out in line with current public health and health and safety advice, with safe systems of working in place for staff and contractors.
For more information about this and other improvement schemes visit: Trafficwatchni
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- Road improvement scheme for Stoney Road, Dundonald 21 October 2021
- Publication of ‘DVA Monthly Tests Conducted Statistics – September 2021’ 20 October 2021
- Mallon visits Mid Ulster on 20mph action for schools 20 October 2021
- £250,000 resurfacing scheme for A2 Donaghadee Road Roundabout, Bangor 19 October 2021