A retaining wall replacement scheme is due to commence on Mussenden Road, Downhill on Monday 7 November 2022.
The scheme will include works to reconstruct the retaining wall and parapet which are necessary to maintain structural integrity and road safety at this location.
In order to carry out the works it will be necessary to close Mussenden Road, between its junction with Burrenmore Road and Bishop’s Road, Downhill to both road traffic and pedestrians. The road closure will be in place from Monday 7 November 2022 to Sunday 4 December 2022.
Local access will be maintained to all properties however it is inevitable that these arrangements will cause inconvenience to road traffic and pedestrians. Every effort will be made to keep disruption to a minimum.
Road users are advised to allow extra time for their journey and to follow the diversions which will be clearly signed on the approaches to the works.
Completion of the works will be dependent on favourable weather conditions however the Department will keep the public informed of any change.
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: Trafficwatchni
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: email@example.com
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- ‘DfI Driver, Vehicle, Operator, and Enforcement Statistics 2023/24 Quarter One’ published 29 September 2023
- The draft Northern Ireland Road Safety Strategy (NIRSS) to 2030 Annual Statistical Report, 2023 is published 28 September 2023
- Newry Southern Relief Road – Community Information Event 28 September 2023
- Public Transport Statistics Northern Ireland 2022-23 statistical report published 27 September 2023