The ‘DVA Monthly Tests Conducted Statistics – October 2023’ report, containing statistics up to October 2023, is now available.
The publication is produced by the DVA Statistics Branch of the Department for Infrastructure (DfI), and contains summary volumes on the vehicle, driver, and theory tests conducted by the DfI’s Driver and Vehicle Agency (DVA).
The publication is available on the DfI website at:
The key points in the report are:
The DVA has delivered 570,514 full vehicle tests and 94,458 retests, totalling 664,972 vehicle tests in this financial year to date.
Private cars accounted for just over 8 in every 10 (73,143; 83%) of all full vehicle tests conducted this month.
The DVA received 91,389 applications for a full vehicle test during October 2023.
Driving Practical Testing
The DVA has delivered 37,792 driver tests in this financial year to date.
Private cars accounted for just over 8 in every 10 (5,023; 83%) driver tests conducted this month.
The DVA received 6,053 applications for a driving test in October 2023.
Driver Theory Testing
The DVA has delivered 53,423 theory tests in this financial year to date.
Private cars accounted for almost 9 in every 10 (6,308; 87%) theory tests conducted this month.
In October 2023, the DVA received 8,807 applications for a theory test.
Notes to editors:
- This is the thirty-eighth edition of the publication ‘DVA Monthly Tests Conducted Statistics’, to October 2023.
- The release presents statistics on vehicle, driver, and theory tests conducted during October 2023, together with trend series over the previous nine financial years.
- We source vehicle and driver data from administrative data sources within the DVA, whilst DVSA supply theory-testing data. The Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) took over the contract for theory testing from Pearson on 4 September 2021.
- ‘DVA Monthly Tests Conducted Statistics’ is published every month at pre-announced release dates, which are available from the GOV.UK website.
- Electronic copies of ‘DVA Monthly Tests Conducted Statistics – October 2023’ can be downloaded from our website at: DVA Monthly Tests - Conducted Statistics
- A detailed User Guidance document is also available on our website.
- This report supplements the existing quarterly National Statistics publication ‘DfI Driver, Vehicle, Operator, and Enforcement Statistics’. The latest edition of this for quarter one 2023-24 is available on our website at: DVA Activity Statistics
- This is an Official Statistics publication and therefore follows the Code of Practice for Official Statistics. You can find further information about the Code of Practice.
- For further information, please contact: DVA Statistics,Driver and Vehicle Agency,Annex 4, Belfast Test Centre,66 Balmoral Road,Belfast,BT12 6QL
Tel (public enquiries): 02890 547911 (Text relay prefix 18001)
Website: DVA Monthly Tests - Conducted Statistics
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra, on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure and on LinkedIn at Department for Infrastructure.
- Reappointments and extension to the Board of Northern Ireland Water 06 December 2023
- Road Safety campaigns to reduce careless driving and speeding 01 December 2023
- The Department for Infrastructure announces intention to increase Strangford Lough Ferry fares 29 November 2023
- Publication of Young Persons’ Behaviour and Attitudes Survey 2022 Travel to and from School Factsheet 24 November 2023