Local residents from the Bogside are being encouraged to attend a public information day on proposals to introduce a Residents’ Parking scheme in their area.
The Department for Infrastructure will hold the public information event for the Rossville Street Area Residents Parking Scheme on Thursday 15 November in Pilot's Row Community Centre, between 11.30 am and 7.30 pm. Local residents or anyone interested in the scheme can call at any time during these hours when they will have an opportunity to hear about plans to date and to discuss proposals with representatives from the Department.
The objective of the scheme is to improve the availability of parking spaces for local residents who find it increasingly difficult to park outside their homes. It would be the first such scheme for the City and will affect over 600 residential properties mainly in the Rossville Street, Fahan Street, Little Diamond, Creggan Street and Chamberlain Street areas.
If introduced as proposed, the Scheme will designate parking places for residents between the hours of 10.00 am and noon and between 2.00 pm and 4.00 pm from Monday to Saturday inclusive. Visitors to the area will be able to park within areas designated for residents provided a valid visitor’s permit is displayed on the vehicle. A number of spaces shall remain available for non-residents.
Full details of the scheme, together with a map showing the roads involved, may be inspected at the Department’s DFI Roads Section Office, 1 Crescent Road, Londonderry, BT47 2NQ or Pilot's Row Community Centre.
Full details are also available online at:
- The On-Street Parking (Residents Parking Zones – Rossville Street Area, Londonderry)
- Residents Parking RSPPG E042
Notes to editors:
- Proposals for the Scheme were first announced by the previous Minister for Infrastructure in July 2016
- A formal consultation was carried out between 12 March and 10 April 2018.
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- Warrenpoint Harbour Authority - Extension of two Non-Executive Members’ Board Appointments 18 April 2019
- Londonderry Port and Harbour Commissioners - Extension of four Non-Executive Members’ Board Appointments 17 April 2019
- £350,000 replacement scheme for Majors Bridge, Lisnaskea 15 April 2019
- Extension of Chair Appointment for the Board of Northern Ireland Water 08 April 2019