A £95,000 road improvement scheme has commenced on the A4 Sligo Road, Drumawill in Enniskillen.
The scheme which extends from Reilly’s Cross for a distance 350m towards Belcoo is scheduled to be completed at the beginning of October.
Preparatory drainage and kerbing works using localised traffic controls are currently in place to maintain traffic flows in the area.
The carriageway surfacing will require the A4 Sligo Road to be closed for 5 days from 9:30am to 8.00 pm each day commencing on Monday 25 September. Diversion routes will be signposted as follows:
Sligo bound traffic will be diverted at Reilly’s Cross via the A509 Derrylin Road, the C438 Arney Road, and the C440 Station Road where it will re-join A4 Sligo Road at Archdale’s Crossroads.
Enniskillen bound traffic will be diverted at Ashwoods via the B81 Ashwoods Road, the B81 Drummee Road, the B81 Derrygonnelly Road to Drumlyon and the A46 Loughshore Road.
The planned dates for the scheme are subject to favourable weather conditions and the Department will keep the public informed of any change.
The works operations and traffic management arrangements have been carefully programmed in order to minimise any inconvenience to the public, however motorists should be aware that some delays may be expected and that additional time should be allowed when planning any journeys.
For more information about this and other improvement schemes visit: www.trafficwatchni.com
Notes to editors:
1. All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 90540004. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer via pager number 07623 974 383.
2. Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra
3. See photos from the Department for Infrastructure in our Flickr collection: www.flickr.com/photos/niexecutive/collections
- £250,000 road improvement scheme at Alliance Avenue, Belfast 14 June 2019
- £95,000 resurfacing scheme on Stream Street, Newry 13 June 2019
- Council gets update on infrastructure projects for Mid and East Antrim Borough Council 12 June 2019
- UPDATE: £200,000 resurfacing scheme for Crawfordsburn Road, Newtownards 07 June 2019