A £95,000 carriageway resurfacing scheme on the U0623 Kilycolpy Road, Ardboe commences today.
The works, which will extend for a distance of approximately 1km from its junction with Ballymaguire Road to its junction with Mullanahoe Road, will greatly improve the strength and surface quality of this section of Mullanahoe Road. Work is expected to be completed by Tuesday 15 May 2018.
Given the nature of the works, and to help ensure the safety of road users and those carrying them out, a road closure for through traffic is required for the duration of the project. Local access within the area of the works will be facilitated where possible.
During the road closure traffic will be diverted via the B161 Mullanahoe Road and C564 Ballymaguire Road and vice versa.
Advanced warning signage for the closure will be provided and diversion routes will be signed as necessary.
The above planned dates are subject to favourable weather conditions and the Department will keep the public informed of any change.
The Department has carefully programmed the works operations and traffic management arrangements in order to minimise any inconvenience to the public, however motorists should be aware that some delays should be expected and that additional time should be allowed when planning any journeys.
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: www.trafficwatchni.com.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 90540007. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer via pager number 07699 715 440.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- £135,000 road improvement scheme on Shrigley Road, Killyleagh complete 25 May 2018
- £343,000 road improvement scheme on A2 Strangford Road, Ardglass 25 May 2018
- Drainage infrastructure scheme to commence in Cultra 25 May 2018
- Publication of DfI Driver, Vehicle, Operator and Enforcement Statistics Annual 2017-2018 24 May 2018