A £95,000 carriageway resurfacing scheme on the B20 Bryansburn Road/Crawfordsburn Road, Bangor will commence on Saturday 3 August 2019 and is due for completion on Sunday 11 August 2019.
The resurfacing work will extend a distance of approximately 190 metres from the junction with Westburn Crescent to the Bryansburn Inn. The scheme will deliver significant improvements to both the structural integrity and surface of the road
Due to the nature of the scheme the Bryansburn Road/Crawfordsburn Road, Bangor will be closed to through traffic from its junction with Bryansburn Road roundabout to its junction with Springhill Road from 6.30 pm on Saturday 3 August to 10.30 pm on Sunday 4 August and also from 6.00 am to 10.30 pm on Sunday 11 August.
During the closure times a diversion will be in place via Springhill Road, West Circular Road, Newtownards Road and Brunswick Road. Diversionary routes will be clearly signed and local access for residents and businesses will be maintained during the works. The road will be open to traffic outside these closure times.
In order to help ensure the safety of road users and road workers the public is asked to comply with all temporary traffic restrictions and to drive with care when travelling through, or in the vicinity, of the works.
The Department has programmed the work and traffic management arrangements to minimise any inconvenience, however, road users should expect some delays and are advised to leave additional time when planning any journeys.
Completion of the work by 11 August 2019 is dependent on favourable weather conditions, however, the Department will keep the public informed of any change
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: www.trafficwatchni.com
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- Further Update: MOT car and light vehicle tests 24 January 2020
- Mallon announces £288,000 investment for Collin Road, Ballymena 24 January 2020
- Mallon announces £220,000 resurfacing scheme for Loughshore Road, Fermanagh 24 January 2020
- £205,000 road improvement scheme for Alder Road, Derry 24 January 2020