A £94,000 resurfacing scheme on Pinewood Avenue, Carrickfergus will start on Monday 19 August 2019.
The scheme which extends from Northland to Sandes Court, will deliver significant improvements to both the structural integrity and surface of the road. Work is expected to be completed by Friday 13 September 2019.
Due to the nature of the scheme it will be necessary to operate a full road closure for the duration of the work from Monday to Friday between the hours of 7.00 am and 6.00 pm. Access for residents will be facilitated.
A two-way diversion will be in operation via Northland, Sunnylands Avenue and Sandes Court.
In order to help ensure the safety of road users and road workers the public is asked to comply with all temporary traffic restrictions and to drive with extra care when travelling in the vicinity of the works.
The Department has carefully programmed the work operations and traffic management arrangements to minimise inconvenience, however, road users should expect some delays and are advised to allow additional time when travelling in the area.
Completion of the scheme by 13 September will be dependent on the progress of the scheme and on favourable weather conditions.
For traffic information about this and other road schemes visit: www.trafficwatchni.com
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: email@example.com. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- Sydenham Bypass to be closed this weekend 20 May 2020
- DfI statement on Casement Park planning application 20 May 2020
- "Innovative green infrastructure is key to recovery” says Infrastructure Minister Nichola Mallon 15 May 2020
- Mallon to bring new legislation to the Assembly to encourage use of electric bikes 12 May 2020