A £90,000 carriageway resurfacing scheme at Colinmill, Dunmurry is due to commence on Monday 21 September 2020.
The resurfacing work, which stretches from No.1 Colinmill to the local shops, will greatly improve the strength and surface quality of this section of the carriageway.
Due to the nature of the scheme and to help ensure the safety of road users and workers, the work will be carried out under a daily road closure from Monday 21 September until Sunday 27 September between the hours of 8.00 am and 4.30 pm. Access for residents will be maintained.
Whilst the Department has carefully planned these road works and associated traffic management arrangements in order to minimise any inconvenience to the public, road users should expect delays and allow additional time when planning any journey.
Completion of the scheme by 27 September will be dependent on favourable weather conditions. All work will be carried out in accordance with current public health and health and safety advice, with safe systems of working in place for staff and contractors.
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: Trafficwatchni.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: email@example.com.
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- Mallon launches Planning Engagement Partnership – to improve community engagement in the planning process 20 October 2020
- Street lighting upgrade scheme on the Northway, Portadown 19 October 2020
- Glenrandal Bridge, Claudy reopens following £420,000 replacement scheme 19 October 2020
- Council receives an update on infrastructure projects for Lisburn and Castlereagh City Council area 2020 19 October 2020