A £75,000 resurfacing scheme on the A4 Colebrooke Road and Main Street Fivemiletown will commence on Monday 7 October 2019.
The resurfacing scheme will extend a distance of 470 metres from Fivemiletown College to Edfield Way. This will improve the strength and surface quality of this busy road and address ongoing maintenance problems.
Due to the nature of the scheme it will also be necessary to operate a road closure. Colebrooke Road and Main Street Fivemiletown will be closed from 6.30 pm to 6.30 am from 7 October to 12 October. The road will be open on Saturday 12 October but closed between 6.30 am and 8.30 pm on Sunday 13 October to complete final resurfacing.
During the closure times a two-way signed diversion route will be in place via Clabby and Tempo to Enniskillen to by-pass Fivemiletown. Local and pedestrian access will be accommodated during the closure.
In order to help ensure the safety of road users and road workers the public is asked to comply with all temporary traffic restrictions and to exercise care when travelling in the vicinity of the works and on the diversion.
The Department has programmed the work and traffic management arrangements to minimise any inconvenience, however, road users should expect some delays and are advised to leave additional time when planning any journeys.
Completion of the work by 13 October 2019 is dependent on favourable weather conditions, however, the Department will keep the public informed of any change.
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: www.trafficwatchni.com.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: email@example.com. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- Infrastructure Minister announces extensions for driving licences, resumption of IVA testing and other DVA services 26 May 2020
- DfI statement on Casement Park planning application 20 May 2020
- Sydenham Bypass to be closed this weekend 20 May 2020
- "Innovative green infrastructure is key to recovery” says Infrastructure Minister Nichola Mallon 15 May 2020