A £67,000 resurfacing scheme on the Hospital Roundabout, Dungannon has commenced.
The scheme will improve the strength and surface quality of this busy roundabout and the work is expected to be complete on or before Sunday 6 October.
Preliminary works commenced on 9 September 2019 with a lane closure in place whilst these were carried out. Due to the nature of the scheme it will be necessary to operate a full road closure from 6.30 pm and 6.30 am from Monday 30 September 2019 to Sunday 6 October noting that the closure period will be in place during Sunday 6 October 2019 to 6.30 pm.
Diversions routes will be signed on the approach roads to the roundabout. Local access for residents and landowners will be facilitated.
The Department has programmed the work operations and traffic management arrangements to minimise inconvenience, however, drivers should expect some delays and are advised to allow additional time when travelling in the area.
In order to help ensure the safety of road users and road workers the public is asked to comply with all temporary management measures and to drive with extra care when travelling in the vicinity of the works.
Completion of the works by 6 October will depend on favourable weather conditions.
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: www.trafficwatchni.com
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure.
- Infrastructure Minister announces extensions for driving licences, resumption of IVA testing and other DVA services 26 May 2020
- Sydenham Bypass to be closed this weekend 20 May 2020
- DfI statement on Casement Park planning application 20 May 2020
- "Innovative green infrastructure is key to recovery” says Infrastructure Minister Nichola Mallon 15 May 2020