Hulls Lane, Lisburn will benefit from a £60,000 resurfacing scheme which will commence on Monday 10 February 2020 and is scheduled to be completed within 5 weeks.
The scheme will include the resurfacing of the carriageway, replacement of a drainage culvert and enhancement of road drainage.
To facilitate the works it will be necessary to implement a series of road closures from 8.00 am to 6.00 pm daily. Access for residents and businesses will be accommodated where possible. An alternative access has been agreed through Lissue East Industrial Estate for ‘Hulls Lane Business Park’ traffic when ongoing construction works prevent any through traffic using Hulls Lane.
To help ensure the safety of road users and road workers we would ask the public to follow signed diversionary routes, comply with all temporary traffic restrictions and to exercise care when travelling in the vicinity of the works.
The work is subject to favourable weather conditions however the Department will keep the public informed of any change.
For more information about this and other improvement schemes visit: www.trafficwatchni.com.
Notes to editors:
- A diversion will be in place via A29 Dundalk Road, B30 Silverbridge Road, B30 Newry Road, B135 Mountain Road, A25 Newtown Road, A25 Newry Road, A25 Newry Street, A29 Dundalk Street, A29 Dundalk Road and vice versa.
- Completion of the work by 14 March, is dependent on favourable weather conditions.
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: email@example.com. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure.
- £210,000 road improvement scheme for B43 Pomeroy Road, Pomeroy 28 September 2020
- £310,000 road and footway improvement scheme for B40 Moneyneaney Road, Moneyneaney 25 September 2020
- The Northern Ireland Planning Statistics: First Quarter 2020/21 Statistical Bulletin, has been published today 24 September 2020
- The Northern Ireland Road Safety Strategy (NIRSS) to 2020 Annual Statistical Report, has been published today 24 September 2020