A £445,000 carriageway resurfacing scheme on Tassagh Road, Keady will commence on Monday 6 January 2020.
The resurfacing work will extend a distance of approximately 1.3 kilometres from 50 metres beyond the junction with Kinelowen Street to the junction with Bachelors Walk, along with a further 350 metres length between the Blairmont Road junction and Dundrum Road crossroads. The scheme will deliver significant improvements to both the structural integrity and surface of the road in addition to surface drainage improvements.
Due to the nature of the scheme it will be necessary to operate a daily weekday road closure between the hours of 8.00 am and 6.00 pm from Monday 6 January 2020 to Friday 28 February 2020. During these times a diversion will be in place with traffic being diverted via the Armagh Road, Keady Road, Newtownhamilton Road and Tassagh Road. The road will be open to traffic in the evenings during the week and all day Saturday and Sunday. Diversionary routes will be clearly signed and local access for residents will be maintained at all times during the works.
In order to help ensure the safety of road users and road workers the public is asked to comply with all temporary traffic restrictions and to exercise care when travelling through, or in the vicinity, of the works.
The Department has programmed the work and traffic management arrangements to minimise any inconvenience, however, road users should expect some delays and are advised to leave additional time when planning any journeys.
Completion of the work by 28 February is dependent on favourable weather conditions, however, the Department will keep the public informed of any change.
For more information about this and other road schemes visit: www.trafficwatchni.com
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: email@example.com. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- Resurfacing scheme for A47 Killadeas Road at Ballycassidy 10 August 2020
- Resurfacing scheme for Mowhan Road, Markethill 10 August 2020
- Resurfacing scheme Main Street and Mullavilly Road, Laurelvale 07 August 2020
- Road improvement scheme for A29 Desertmartin Road and B41 Main Street, Tobermore 07 August 2020