A new footway and cycleway scheme on the A29 Tobermore Road & Maghera Road, Tobermore, will commence on Monday 1 March 2021.
The scheme, which is approximately 2.4 kilometres in length, will start from the existing footway and cycleway at Mullagh Road to Fortwilliam Road.
Minister Mallon said:
“This much needed investment will help promote sustainable travel between Maghera & Tobermore.
“I am committed to increasing the opportunities for active travel and I am pleased that the new pavement and cycleway being delivered by this scheme will greatly enhance provision for walking, wheeling and cycling.”
Two-way traffic flow will be maintained for the duration of the works with lane closures under traffic signal control. In the interests of public safety and the safety of the contractor’s workforce the public is asked to comply with all temporary traffic restrictions and to drive with extra care when travelling in the vicinity of the works.
The Department has carefully planned these road works and associated traffic management arrangements in order to minimise inconvenience to the public. Road users are advised to avoid the area whenever possible, allow extra time for their journey and to follow the alternative routes which will be clearly signed on the approaches to the closure.
Completion of the work by Friday 30 April 2021 is subject to favourable weather conditions, however, the Department will keep the public informed of any change. All work will be carried out in line with current public health and health and safety advice, with safe systems of working in place for staff and contractors.
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: Trafficwatchni
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: email@example.com
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- Mallon – Hydepark Road scheme will create new opportunities for active travel 09 April 2021
- £500,000 resurfacing scheme for A36 Shaneshill Road, Larne 09 April 2021
- Essential maintenance works to start on M2 at Bellevue Bridge, Belfast 08 April 2021
- Mallon - Bus Drivers Deserve To Be Safe Doing Their Jobs 08 April 2021