A £429,000 resurfacing scheme on the Low Road, Islandmagee will start on Monday 27 May 2019.
The scheme which extends from the Millbay Road junction for 3km towards Reids Road, will deliver significant improvements to both the structural integrity and surface of the road. Work is expected to be completed by 28 June 2019.
Due to the nature of the scheme it will be necessary to operate a full road closure 7.30 am – 6.00 pm Monday to Friday from Monday 27 May until Friday 28 June 2019. Access for residents will be facilitated.
A two-way diversion will be in operation on the following roads:
- B150 Reids Road – B150 Middle Road – B150 Mullaghbouy Road – B150 Portmuck Road and B90 Brownsbay Road
The Department has programmed the work operations and traffic management arrangements to minimise inconvenience, however, drivers should expect some delays and are advised to allow additional time when travelling in the area.
In order to help ensure the safety of road users and road workers the public is asked to comply with all temporary traffic restrictions and to drive with more care when travelling in the vicinity of the works.
The dates and duration of the works will be dependent on the progress of the scheme and on favourable weather conditions.
For traffic information about this and other road schemes visit: www.trafficwatchni.com.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email email@example.com. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure.
- Mallon announces the start of £300,000 resurfacing schemes on Victoria Drive and Victoria Road, Bangor 21 February 2020
- Agencies working together to tackle impacts of rainfall 21 February 2020
- Statistical press release – Publication of Road Safety issues in Northern Ireland 2018/19 20 February 2020
- £80,000 footway reconstruction scheme for Hillhall Park, Lisburn 20 February 2020