A £429,000 resurfacing scheme on the Low Road, Islandmagee will start on Monday 27 May 2019.
The scheme which extends from the Millbay Road junction for 3km towards Reids Road, will deliver significant improvements to both the structural integrity and surface of the road. Work is expected to be completed by 28 June 2019.
Due to the nature of the scheme it will be necessary to operate a full road closure 7.30am – 6pm Monday to Friday from Monday 27 May until Friday 28 June 2019. Access for residents will be facilitated.
A two-way diversion will be in operation on the following roads:
- B150 Reids Road – B150 Middle Road – B150 Mullaghbouy Road – B150 Portmuck Road and B90 Brownsbay Road
The Department has programmed the work operations and traffic management arrangements to minimise inconvenience, however, drivers should expect some delays and are advised to allow additional time when travelling in the area.
In order to help ensure the safety of road users and road workers the public is asked to comply with all temporary traffic restrictions and to drive with more care when travelling in the vicinity of the works.
The dates and duration of the works will be dependent on the progress of the scheme and on favourable weather conditions.
For traffic information about this and other road schemes visit: www.trafficwatchni.com.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure.
- £250,000 road improvement scheme at Alliance Avenue, Belfast 14 June 2019
- £95,000 resurfacing scheme on Stream Street, Newry 13 June 2019
- Council gets update on infrastructure projects for Mid and East Antrim Borough Council 12 June 2019
- UPDATE: £200,000 resurfacing scheme for Crawfordsburn Road, Newtownards 07 June 2019