A £425,000 resurfacing scheme for the B94 Rathkeel Road will commence on Monday 7 June 2021.
The scheme, extends from the junction with Deerfin Road for approximately 3.4 kilometres North to a point approximately 275 metres North of Lisnahilt Road Junction and is expected to be completed by Friday 9 July 2021.
Minister Mallon said:
“I am pleased to announce this significant investment in the Ballymena area. This scheme will greatly improve the strength and surface quality of this section of the road network and will serve the local community and visitors to the area for many years to come. I would like to thank the travelling public and local residents in advance for their cooperation while these much needed works are completed.”
To facilitate the works it will be necessary to introduce a full road closure on Rathkeel Road from Monday 7 June 2021 until Friday 9 July 2021 (Monday to Friday 7.00 am to 8.00 pm). During these times a diversion will be in operation via Caherty Road and Deerfin Road (and vice-versa). The road will be open at the weekends.
The Department has programmed the work operations and traffic management arrangements to minimise inconvenience, however, road users should expect some delays and are advised to allow additional time when travelling in the area.
In order to help ensure the safety of road users and road workers the public is asked to comply with all temporary traffic restrictions and to drive with extra care when travelling in the vicinity of the works.
The dates and duration of the works will be dependent on the progress of the scheme and on favourable weather conditions. All work will be carried out in line with current public health and safety advice with safe systems of working in place for staff and contractors.
For traffic information about this and other road schemes visit: Trafficwatchni.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at email@example.com. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- Road improvement scheme for Cromkill/Tullygarley Road and Toome Road, Ballymena 09 June 2021
- Mallon allocates budget of £19m funding for flood alleviation schemes 09 June 2021
- Extension of Non – Executive Member Appointments for the Board of Northern Ireland Transport Holding Company 08 June 2021
- Road resurfacing scheme for U8361 Crossmore Road and U8461 Mullaghmore Park, Keady 07 June 2021