A £421,000 resurfacing scheme for Derryscollop Road, Armagh, Co. Armagh will commence on Monday 16th January 2023.
The improvement work will extend for a total 2.5 kilometres, over two sections, from the junction with the Summerisland Road towards the Sandy Ramper Road junction and includes resurfacing with upgrading of road drainage.
To help ensure the safety of those using the road and to facilitate the works, it will be necessary to operate a road closure, weekdays, excluding evenings and weekends, from 08.00 am to 17.00 pm commencing on Monday 16 January 2023 until Friday 17 February 2023.
An alternative route will be signed with traffic being diverted via B28 Summerisland Road, C181 Tullyroan Road and C182 Derryscallop Road.
Local access for residents and emergency services will be maintained although some minor delays may be experienced.
The Department has carefully planned these road works and associated traffic management arrangements in order to minimise inconvenience to the public. Road users are advised to allow extra time for their journey and to follow the alternative routes which will be clearly signed on the approaches to the closure.
Completion of the work by 17 February 2023 is dependent on favourable weather conditions. The Department will keep the public informed of any change. All work will be carried out in line with current public health and health and safety advice, with safe systems of working in place for staff and contractors.
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: Trafficwatchni
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- Road improvement scheme for Balmoral Avenue, Belfast 26 September 2023
- Road improvement scheme Ballymena Road, Ballymoney 26 September 2023
- Resurfacing scheme for Portadown Road, Armagh 22 September 2023
- Launch of recruitment competition for Chair to the Board of Londonderry Port and Harbour Commissioners 21 September 2023