A £420,000 resurfacing scheme on Moss Road, Millisle will commence on Monday 11 January 2021. The improvement work will extend a distance of approximately 1.1 kilometres from its junction with A2 Main Street Millisle, as far as the 30mph signs.
The scheme includes resurfacing of the carriageway, footways and upgrading of road drainage.
To complete the scheme safely traffic management measures will be in place from Monday 11 January until Wednesday 31 March 2021 between the hours of 9.00 am and 5.00 pm.
Due to the nature of the scheme it will also be necessary to operate a daily weekday road closure for the resurfacing operations (Monday to Friday) between the hours of 9.00 am and 5.00 pm from Monday 22 February to Friday 12 March 2021. During these times a diversion will be in place with traffic being diverted via Donaghadee Road, Killaughey Road and Ballyblack Road East (and vice versa).
The road will be open to traffic in the evenings during the week and all day Saturday and Sunday. Local access for residents and emergency services will be maintained at all times during the works.
The Department has carefully planned these road works and associated traffic management arrangements in order to minimise inconvenience to the public. Road users are advised to allow extra time for their journey and to follow the alternative routes which will be clearly signed on the approaches to the closure.
In order to help ensure the safety of road users and road workers, the public is asked to comply with all temporary traffic restrictions and to take extra care when travelling in the vicinity of the works.
Substantial completion of the work by 31 March 2021 is dependent on favourable weather conditions. The Department will keep the public informed of any change. All work will be carried out in line with current public health and health and safety advice, with safe systems of working in place for staff and contractors.
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: Trafficwatchni.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquires between 1800 hrs and 800 hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure.
- LED street lighting scheme for Castle Street, Killough 21 January 2021
- Road Improvement Scheme, Lisnasure Road, Donaghcloney 21 January 2021
- Road resurfacing scheme for Newal Road, Ballymoney 21 January 2021
- £300,000 road resurfacing, footway and cycle track scheme for C663 Dublin Road, Omagh 21 January 2021