A £410,000 carriageway resurfacing scheme on the Blackstaff Road, Clough will start on Monday 6 January 2020.
The resurfacing work will extend a distance of approximately 1.9 kilometres from the Dundrum Road/Main Street junction Clough to 250 metres south of the Blackstaff Road/Ballyrolly Road junction. The scheme will deliver significant improvements to both the structural integrity and surface of the road and will improve road drainage.
Due to the nature of the scheme it will be necessary to operate a daily weekday road closure between the hours of 9.00 am and 5.00 pm from Monday 6 January 2020 to Friday 6 March 2020.
During these times a diversion will be in place with traffic being diverted via A24 Main Street, A25 Downpatrick Road and Ballyrolly Road. The road will be open to traffic in the evenings during the week and all day Saturday and Sunday.
Diversionary routes will be clearly signed and local access for residents and businesses will be maintained at all times during the works.
In order to help ensure the safety of road users and road workers the public is asked to comply with all temporary traffic restrictions and to drive with care when travelling through, or in the vicinity of, the works.
The Department has carefully programmed the work and traffic management arrangements to minimise any inconvenience, however, drivers should expect some delays and are advised to leave additional time when planning any journeys.
Completion of the work by 6 March 2020 is dependent on favourable weather conditions. The Department will keep the public informed of any change.
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: www.trafficwatchni.com.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: email@example.com. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- DfI Statement in relation to MOT car and light vehicle tests 23 January 2020
- £239,000 resurfacing scheme for Rathkeel Road, Broughshane 23 January 2020
- Updated Statement in relation to MOT car and light vehicle tests: 23 January 2020
- £138,000 road improvement scheme at Clifton Park Avenue, Belfast 20 January 2020