A £402,000 carriageway resurfacing scheme has commenced on the A6 Glenshane Pass.
The resurfacing works will be undertaken near the Glenshane Quarry and extend for approximately 800m towards Dungiven and will deliver significant improvements to both the structural integrity and surface quality of the road surface on this part of the trunk road network between Derry and Belfast.
During the course of the works traffic will be managed by a convoy working system. No road closures are planned. Speed restrictions will be in place until Friday 8 July when the works are expected to be completed. To assist commuters convoy working will be restricted to the period between 9.30 am and 16.00 pm Monday to Friday.
The Department has programmed the work operations and traffic management arrangements to minimise inconvenience, however, drivers should expect some delays and are advised to allow additional time when travelling in the area.
In order to help ensure the safety of road users and road workers the public is asked to comply with all temporary traffic restrictions and to drive with extra care when travelling in the vicinity of the works.
The Department will keep the public informed of any unforeseen changes to the planned works.
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: Trafficwatchni
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: email@example.com
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- O’Dowd visits Sion Mills Primary School to hear why pupils think the A5 should be upgraded 30 June 2022
- O’Dowd welcomes awarding of six road resurfacing contracts 30 June 2022
- Minister O’Dowd visits Waterways Ireland 28 June 2022
- O’Dowd celebrates female colleagues on International Women in Engineering Day 23 June 2022