A £400,000 carriageway and footway resurfacing scheme on Ballysillan Park, Belfast will commence on Monday 9 January 2023.
The improvement works will extend for a distance of approximately 500 metres from Ballysillan Road to Ballysillan Avenue and will deliver significant benefits for residents and road users.
To help ensure the safety of road users and workers it will be necessary to implement localised lane closures while the footway works are ongoing with a full road closure to follow when the carriageway works commence. The majority of the scheme will be completed during the hours of 8.00 am to 5.00 pm, Monday to Friday, however during the final carriageway resurfacing it may be necessary to close the road at the weekend. Full details of closures will be displayed in advance of work taking place.
Road users are asked to comply with all temporary traffic restrictions and to drive with care when travelling in the vicinity of the road works.
Subject to favourable weather conditions all works will be completed by 30 March 2023, however the Department will keep the public informed of any change.
Whilst the Department has carefully planned these road works and associated traffic management arrangements in order to minimise any inconvenience to the public, road users should expect delays and allow additional time when planning any journey.
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: Trafficwatchni
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- Road improvement scheme for A21 Ballygowan Road, Ballygowan 02 June 2023
- Consultation on Northern Ireland Concessionary Fares Scheme launched 01 June 2023
- Road improvement scheme for Quay Street, Ardglass 24 May 2023
- Publication of ‘DfI Driver, Vehicle, Operator, and Enforcement Statistics 2022/23 Quarter Four’ 23 May 2023