A £400,000 carriageway refurbishment scheme to include carriageway patching, resurfacing and drainage improvements will commence on Ballymacnab Road, Ballymacnab on 18 October 2021.
The improvement work will extend approximately 2 kilometres from the Coolmillish Road junction to the Newtownhamilton Road junction.
Minister Mallon said:
“This significant investment will greatly improve the strength and surface quality of this section of the rural road network to the benefit of all who use it. I would like to thank local residents and businesses in advance for their cooperation and ask that they comply with all temporary traffic restrictions while these much needed works are completed.”
To facilitate the works, it will be necessary to implement a series of road closures. An initial road closure for preparatory work and drainage investigation will be in place from 9.00 am until 6.00 pm each day from Monday 18 October until Friday the 29 October 2021.
A second closure will be required for final resurfacing in the weeks following this and details will be made available and variable messages signs updated on site when dates are confirmed. The road will be open in the evening and at weekends.
During periods of closure traffic will be diverted via the Newtownhamilton Road and Coolmillish Road.
Local access for residents and emergency services will be maintained although some delays may be experienced.
The Department has carefully planned these road works and associated traffic management arrangements in order to minimise inconvenience to the public. Road users are advised to allow extra time for their journey and to follow the alternative routes which will be clearly signed on the approaches to the closure.
The Department will keep the public informed of any change and of the dates of the future road closure. All work will be carried out in line with current public health and health and safety advice, with safe systems of working in place for staff and contractors.
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: Trafficwatchni
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: email@example.com.
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hour’s service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow us on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- £207,500 resurfacing scheme for A26 Frosses Road, Ballymoney 27 October 2021
- Council receives an update on roads infrastructure projects for Belfast City Council area 27 October 2021
- Mallon confirms additional public transport services for Halloween in Derry 26 October 2021
- Mallon hosts British-Irish Council Transport meeting in Belfast 22 October 2021