A £394,000 resurfacing scheme for Tullyroan Road/Clonmore Road, Clonmore, Co. Armagh will commence on Monday 14 November 2022.
The improvement work will extend for 1700 metres from the junction with Summerisland Road to its junction with Derryscollop Road and includes resurfacing with upgrading of road drainage.
To help ensure the safety of those using the road and to facilitate the works, it will be necessary to operate a road closure, weekdays, excluding evenings and weekends, from 09.15 am to 6.00 pm, commencing on Monday 14 November 2022 to Friday 16 December 2022.
An alternative route will be signed with traffic being diverted via B28 Summerisland Road, B131 Blackisland Road, B131 Tamnamore Road & C182 Clonmnore Road.
Local access for residents and emergency services will be maintained although some minor delays may be experienced.
The Department has carefully planned these road works and associated traffic management arrangements in order to minimise inconvenience to the public. Road users are advised to allow extra time for their journey.
Completion of the work by 16 December 2022 is dependent on favourable weather conditions. The Department will keep the public informed of any change. All work will be carried out in line with current public health and health and safety advice, with safe systems of working in place for staff and contractors.
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: Trafficwatchni
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- Publication of ‘DfI Driver, Vehicle, Operator, and Enforcement Statistics 2022-23 Quarter One’ 30 November 2022
- £350,000 investment in rural roads in Armagh area 29 November 2022
- £584,000 resurfacing scheme for Grange Blundell Road, Armagh to commence 28 November 2022
- Action Plan for Electric Vehicle Infrastructure published 25 November 2022