A £368,000 resurfacing scheme on the B62 Ballymena Road and Cullybackey Road will start on Monday 29 July 2019.
The scheme which extends from the railway level crossing at Cullybackey for 2km towards Ballymena, will deliver significant improvements to both the structural integrity and surface of the road. Work is expected to be completed by 6 September 2019.
Work will be undertaken using lane restrictions for the first three weeks of the scheme, after which road closures will be required. Full details of closures will be published later.
The Department has programmed the work operations and traffic management arrangements to minimise inconvenience, however, drivers should expect some delays and are advised to allow additional time when travelling in the area.
In order to help ensure the safety of road users and road workers the public is asked to comply with all temporary traffic restrictions and to drive with extra care when travelling in the vicinity of the works.
The dates and duration of the works will be dependent on the progress of the scheme and on favourable weather conditions.
For traffic information about this and other road schemes visit: www.trafficwatchni.com
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: email@example.com. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- £100,000 road improvement scheme for Lisnagarvey Drive, Lisburn 16 August 2019
- £448,000 road improvement schemes for Melmount Road, Sion Mills. 14 August 2019
- Publication of ‘DfI Driver, Vehicle, Operator, and Enforcement Statistics 2019-20 Q1 14 August 2019
- £340,000 road improvement works for Killyman Road and Trewmount Road, Dungannon 14 August 2019