A £360,000 resurfacing scheme on the Lisnaskea Road, Lisnaskea will commence on Monday 18 November.
The scheme, which will extend for a distance of 2.2 kilometres from Castle Lane to the junction with the Killynamph Road, will greatly improve the surface and structural integrity of the carriageway.
Due to the nature of the scheme it will be necessary to operate a daily road closure between the hours of 8.00 am and 6.00 pm for the duration of the work. During these times a diversionary route will be clearly signed via A34 Main Street, Lisnagole Rd, Brookeborough Rd, A4 Belfast Road, Dublin Rd, Wellington Road, Henry Street, Sligo Rd and Derrylin Road. Access for emergency vehicles and residents will be maintained at all times.
In order to help ensure the safety of road users and road workers the public is asked to comply with all temporary traffic restrictions and to exercise extra care when travelling in the vicinity of the works.
The Department has programmed the work operations and traffic management arrangements to minimise inconvenience, however, road users should expect some delays and are advised to allow additional time when travelling in the area.
Completion of the works by Wednesday 4 December is dependent on favourable weather conditions. The Department will keep the public informed of any changes.
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: www.trafficwatchni.com.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 90540007 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- £210,000 road improvement scheme for B43 Pomeroy Road, Pomeroy 28 September 2020
- £310,000 road and footway improvement scheme for B40 Moneyneaney Road, Moneyneaney 25 September 2020
- The Northern Ireland Planning Statistics: First Quarter 2020/21 Statistical Bulletin, has been published today 24 September 2020
- The Northern Ireland Road Safety Strategy (NIRSS) to 2020 Annual Statistical Report, has been published today 24 September 2020