A £350,000 resurfacing scheme will commence on the A55 Parkway, Belfast on Sunday 6 June 2021.
The works will be carried out on the Southbound section between Holywood Road and Belmont Road Roundabout from Sunday 6 June until 20 June 2021.
Overnight closures to the southbound carriageway will be in place during the week between the hours of 7.00 pm and 6.00 am. The southbound carriageway will also be closed on Sunday 13 June and Sunday 20 June between the hours of 6.00 am and 8.00 pm.
Minister Mallon said:
“This £350,000 investment will greatly improve the strength and surface quality of this section of the strategic road network in East Belfast to the benefit of all those who travel along this busy route. This is important work in future-proofing our roads and delivers a more dependable, durable and most importantly safer network for all modes of transport.
“I would like to thank all road users and local residents in advance for their cooperation and ask that they comply with all temporary traffic restrictions while these much needed works are completed.”
During the works the opportunity will also be taken to carry out any necessary works on the existing shared cycleway / footway along the southbound side of Parkway. This cycleway / footway will be inspected to ensure it is fully serviceable and any encroachment of grass verge onto the cycleway will be cut back and anysurface defects repaired.
The Department has carefully planned these road works and associated traffic management arrangements in order to minimise inconvenience to the public, however road users should allow additional time when planning their journey and comply with all temporary traffic restrictions. During periods of closure diversions will be clearly signed on approach to the work.
Completion of the work by 20 June is subject to favourable weather conditions, however, the Department will keep the public informed of any change.
All work will be carried out in line with current public health and health and safety advice, with safe systems of working in place for staff and contractors.
For more information about this and other improvement schemes visit: Trafficwatchni.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure.
- Road improvement scheme for Cromkill/Tullygarley Road and Toome Road, Ballymena 09 June 2021
- Mallon allocates budget of £19m funding for flood alleviation schemes 09 June 2021
- Extension of Non – Executive Member Appointments for the Board of Northern Ireland Transport Holding Company 08 June 2021
- Road resurfacing scheme for U8361 Crossmore Road and U8461 Mullaghmore Park, Keady 07 June 2021