A £350,000 resurfacing scheme on the A36 Shaneshill Road, Larne will start on Monday 4 November 2019.
The scheme which extends from 800 metres east of Upper Ballyboley Road for 2.4 kilometres towards Larne, will deliver significant improvements to both the structural integrity and surface of the road. Work is expected to be completed by 29 November 2019.
Due to the nature of the scheme it will be necessary to introduce a full road closure (Monday-Friday) from 7.00am to 6:00pm from Monday 4 November 2019 until Friday 29 November 2019.
During the road closure a diversion will be in operation via The Collin Road, Rashee Road, Main Street, Ballyclare, Ballynure Road, A57 Templepatrick Road, A8 Belfast Road and A8 Larne Road (and vice-versa).
HGVs will be advised to use an alternative route via A26 Lisnevenagh Road, M2 Motorway, A57 Templepatrick Road, A8 Belfast Road and A8 Larne Road (and vice-versa).
The Department has programmed the work operations and traffic management arrangements to minimise inconvenience, however, drivers should expect some delays and are advised to allow additional time when travelling in the area.
In order to help ensure the safety of road users and road workers the public is asked to comply with all temporary traffic restrictions and to drive with extra care when travelling in the vicinity of the works.
The dates and duration of the works will be dependent on the progress of the scheme and on favourable weather conditions.
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: www.trafficwatchni.com
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: email@example.com. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
- 3. Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- £160,000 resurfacing scheme for Donaghmore Road, Dungannon 18 November 2019
- Road Safety Week: Beware the Dangers on Rural Roads 17 November 2019
- £360,000 resurfacing scheme for the Lisnaskea Road, Lisnaskea 12 November 2019
- £120,000 resurfacing scheme on Cottage Road, Killeen 07 November 2019