A £350,000 carriageway resurfacing scheme on the Old Belfast Road, Bangor will commence on Sunday 17 February 2019.
The resurfacing work will extend a distance of approximately 1.4 kilometres and will deliver significant improvements to both the structural integrity and surface of the road.
The scheme will be delivered in three consecutive phases. Due to the nature of the scheme, it will be necessary to close Old Belfast Road Bangor to through traffic for road surfacing as follows:
- From 6.00 am on Sunday 17 February 2019 to 6.00 am on Monday 25 February 2019 from its junction with A2 Belfast Road to its junction with Rathmore Road.
- From 6.00 am on Monday 25 February 2019 to 5.30 pm on Saturday 2 March 2019 from its junction with Rathmore Road to its junction with Killeen Avenue.
- From 6.00 pm on Saturday 2 March 2019 to 6.00 am on Monday 4 March 2019 from its junction with Killeen Avenue to its junction with Springhill Road.
- From 6.00 pm on Saturday 9 March 2019 to 6.00 am on Monday 11 March 2019 from its junction with Killeen Avenue to its junction with Springhill Road.
During the closure times a two-way diversion will be in place via local roads in the immediate vicinity of Old Belfast Road – the A2 Belfast Road, Belfast Road (slip road), West Circular Road, Rathmore Road, Crawfordsburn Road, Springhill Road, and Killeen Avenue. Diversionary routes on these roads will be clearly signed for each of the three phases of the work and local access for residents and businesses will be maintained at all times during the works.
In order to help ensure the safety of road users and road workers the public is asked to comply with all temporary traffic restrictions and to drive with care when travelling through, or in the vicinity, of the works.
The Department has programmed the work and traffic management arrangements to minimise any inconvenience, however, drivers should expect some delays and are advised to leave additional time when planning any journeys.
Completion of the work by 11 March 2019 is dependent on favourable weather conditions, however, the Department will keep the public informed of any change
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: www.trafficwatchni.com
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- Extension of Chair Appointment for the Board of Belfast Harbour Commissioners 12 December 2019
- £90,000 resurfacing scheme on A3 Cavan Road 11 December 2019
- The Department for Infrastructure announces the appointment of Chair to Board of Londonderry Port and Harbour Commissioners (LPHC) 10 December 2019
- £253,000 resurfacing scheme on Head Road, Kilkeel 04 December 2019