Two major resurfacing schemes are due to commence on Killyman Road and Trewmount Road, Dungannon.
The significant investment of £340,000 will greatly improve the strength and surface quality of these busy roads and address ongoing maintenance problems. The works will also include resurfacing of the footways along these sections of road.
To facilitate the works the following full road closures will be necessary:
Trewmount Road will be closed from Wednesday 21 to Friday 23 August and on Monday 26 and 27 August 2019. Diversions will be via Tamnamore Road and Bovean Road.
Killyman Road will be closed from Monday 2 to Sunday 8 September 2019 with diversions via Moy Road, Gortmerron Link Road and Far Circular Road.
Preliminary works are currently ongoing at both locations with lane closures in place. Access to homes and businesses will be accommodated during the works.
The Department has carefully programmed the work and traffic management arrangements to minimise inconvenience, however, road users should expect some delays and are advised to allow additional time when travelling in the area.
The above planned closures are subject to favourable weather conditions and the public will be kept informed of any change.
For information about this and other road improvement schemes visit the Trafficwatch website at www.trafficwatchni.com
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or e-mail: email@example.com. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 90378110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- Launch of recruitment competition for Londonderry Port and Harbour Commissioners 20 August 2019
- £100,000 road improvement scheme for Lisnagarvey Drive, Lisburn 16 August 2019
- £448,000 road improvement schemes for Melmount Road, Sion Mills. 14 August 2019
- Publication of ‘DfI Driver, Vehicle, Operator, and Enforcement Statistics 2019-20 Q1 14 August 2019