A £330,000 resurfacing and reconstruction scheme is due to commence on the Lisnarragh Road, Donemana, Co. Tyrone on 13 February 2019.
The works will greatly improve the strength and surface quality of the road.
Work is scheduled to take six weeks to complete. To ensure both the safety of road users and the contractor’s workforce undertaking the work, a full road closure will be in operation throughout the duration of the work. Access for residents will be facilitated.
A two-way diversion will be in operation on the following roads:
Main Street Plumbridge, Ligford Road, Spout Road, Fountain Street Strabane, Townsend Street Strabane, Upper Main Street Strabane, Market Street Strabane, A5 Barnhill Road, A5 Derry Road, Woodend Road, Berryhill Road.
Diversion signage will be in place and drivers are asked to proceed with due care and attention. The Department has programmed the works operations and traffic management arrangements to minimise inconvenience, however, some disruption can be expected for the duration of the scheme and road users should allow additional time when planning any journeys.
Completion of the work by 29 March is subject to favourable weather conditions, however, the Department will keep the public informed of any change.
For more information about this and other improvement schemes visit: www.trafficwatchni.com.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- £161,000 resurfacing scheme for Rathkeel Road, Broughshane 21 February 2019
- DVA enforcement officers to wear body worn video cameras 19 February 2019
- £280,000 road improvement scheme at Ballygomartin Road, Belfast 19 February 2019
- £150,000 road improvement scheme for Gravelhill Road, Lisburn 18 February 2019