A £320,000 carriageway resurfacing scheme on the B30 Silverbridge Road, Mullaghbawn will commence on Monday 17 September 2018.
The resurfacing work will extend a distance of approximately 1.9km from the Glenmore Road/Cashel Road junction to a point 120m north of the Tullymacrieve Road Junction. The scheme will deliver significant improvements to both the structural integrity and surface of the road.
Due to the nature of the project it will be necessary to operate a daily weekday road closure between the hours of 8.00 am and 6.00 pm from Monday 17 September 2018 until Friday 26 October 2018. During these times a diversion will be in place via B30 Silverbridge/Newry Road, A29 New Road/Dundalk Road, A25 Newry Road and B134 Mountain Road. Diversionary routes will be clearly signed and local access for residents will be maintained at all times during the works. The road will be open to traffic in the evenings, during the week and all day Saturday and Sunday.
In order to help ensure the safety of road users and road workers the public is asked to comply with all temporary traffic restrictions and to drive with care when travelling through, or in the vicinity, of the works.
The Department has programmed the work and traffic management arrangements to minimise any inconvenience, however, drivers should expect some delays and are advised to leave additional time when planning any journeys.
Work is expected to be completed by 26 October 2018 however this will be dependent on the progress of the scheme and on favourable weather conditions.
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: www.trafficwatchni.com
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: email@example.com. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
- £240,000 resurfacing scheme on A26 Banbridge Road, Lurgan 19 July 2019
- Strangford Ferry foot passenger fares to be suspended on Portaferry Gala Night 2019 18 July 2019
- £140,000 road improvement scheme on Burren Road, Ballynahinch 18 July 2019
- Extension of Non-Executive Member Appointments for the Board of Northern Ireland Water 17 July 2019