A resurfacing scheme on a section of the B40 Moneyneaney Road, from Moydamlaght Road to Drumderg Road, has commenced. The scheme, which is approximately 2 kilometres in length, is scheduled for completion by Wednesday 28 October 2020.
As part of the overall delivery of the scheme, 1.1 kilometres of existing footway will be resurfaced from St Eoghan’s Primary school to Gortinari and 50 metres of infill footway will be constructed from Gortinari to the footbridge, to help promote safe and sustainable travel in the area.
For the period of the works from Monday 14 September to Friday 16 October two-way traffic flow will be maintained on Moneyneaney Road with lane closures under traffic signal control.
From Monday 19 October to Wednesday 28 October it will be necessary to close the B40 Moneyneaney Road to through traffic, between Moydamlaght Road and Derrynoyd Road.
Traffic from Feeny and Dungiven will not be able to travel through Moneyneaney between the above dates and will be diverted onto the A6 Foreglen Road and A6 Glenshane Road.
During the road closure a two-way traffic diversion will be in operation via Dungiven, A6 Glenshane Road, A29 Flyover Slip Road at Maghera, Tobermore, Draperstown.
Advanced warning signage for the closure will be provided and diversion routes will be signed as necessary.
The Department has carefully planned these road works and associated traffic management arrangements in order to minimise inconvenience to the public. The public are asked to avoid the area whenever possible and to allow extra time for their journey. Local access will be maintained although delays can be expected.
Completion of the work is subject to favourable weather conditions, however, the Department will keep the public informed of any change. All work will be carried out in line with current public health and health and safety advice, with safe systems of working in place for staff and contractors.
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: Trafficwatchni
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: email@example.com
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- Infrastructure Minister meets Mental Health Champion 28 February 2024
- Dalradian Gold Ltd - Minerals Planning Application LA10/2017/1249/F and NIE Networks – Powerline Planning Applications LA10/2019/1386/F & LA11/2019/1000/F 26 February 2024
- O’Dowd invests additional £8.1m to repair the road network 25 February 2024
- Infrastructure Minister welcomes suspension of transport strike 25 February 2024