A £308,000 resurfacing scheme on the A44 Drones Road, Armoy will commence on Monday 17 January 2022.
The works will extend for a distance of approximately 1.55 kilometres between Ballyportery Road and Pharis Road.
Minister Mallon said:
“This significant investment will greatly improve the strength and surface quality of this section of the road network to the benefit of local residents and those who travel through the area. I would like to thank the public and local residents in advance for their cooperation and ask that they comply with all temporary traffic restrictions while these much needed works are completed.”
To facilitate the works, it will be necessary to operate a road closure between the hours of 7.30 am and 6.00 pm from Monday 17 January until Sunday 30 January 2022. During these times a diversion will be in place via A44 Drones Road-A26 Frosses Road-B16 Kilraughts Road-Pharis Road and vice versa.
Local access for residents and emergency services will be maintained at all times.
The Department has carefully planned these road works and associated traffic management arrangements in order to minimise inconvenience to the public. Road users are advised to allow extra time for their journey and to follow the alternative routes which will be clearly signed on the approaches to the closure.
Completion of the work by 30 January 2022 is dependent on favourable weather conditions. The Department will keep the public informed of any change. All work will be carried out in line with current public health and health and safety advice, with safe systems of working in place for staff and contractors.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: email@example.com
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800 hrs and 0800 hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- £419,000 resurfacing schemes for Killagan Road, Ballymoney 27 January 2022
- Minister Mallon publishes report on the review of the implementation of the Planning Act (NI) 2011 27 January 2022
- Mallon welcomes commencement of the advanced site works on the Enniskillen Southern Bypass scheme 26 January 2022
- Mallon signals her intention to seek approval to extend the Concessionary Fares Scheme 26 January 2022