A £305,000 carriageway resurfacing scheme on Gilford Road, Lurgan is due to commence on Monday 2 August 2021.
This improvement scheme, which extends a distance of approximately 1150 metres along Gilford Road, Lurgan from the roundabout at Millennium Way to the 40mph limits on Gilford Road, includes resurfacing of the carriageway and upgrading of road drainage.
Minister Mallon welcomed the scheme:
“This significant investment will greatly improve the strength and surface quality of this section of Gilford Road, Lurgan to the benefit of local residents and those who travel through the area. I would like to thank the public and local residents in advance for their cooperation and ask that they comply with all temporary traffic restrictions while these much needed works are completed.”
Due to the nature of the scheme it will be necessary to operate a daily road closure between the hours of 9.30am and 4.30pm from Monday 2 August 2021 to Friday 13 August 2021. During these times a diversion will be in place with traffic being diverted via Millennium Way, Russell Drive, Union Street / Tandragee Road, Monbrief East Road, Sugarisland Road, Deans Road, Gilford Road and vice versa.
The road will be open to traffic in the evenings and weekends. Local access for residents, and emergency services will be maintained at all times during the works however some delays may be experienced.
Whilst the Department has carefully planned these road works and associated traffic management arrangements in order to minimise inconvenience to the public, road users are advised to allow extra time for their journey and to follow the alternative routes which will be clearly signed on the approaches to the closure.
Completion of the work by 13 August 2021 is dependent on favourable weather conditions. The Department will keep the public informed of any change. All work will be carried out in line with current public health and health and safety advice, with safe systems of working in place for staff and contractors.
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: Trafficwatchni
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure.
- Mallon extends temporary changes to major planning application process 24 September 2021
- Infrastructure Minister announces appointments to the Board of the Northern Ireland Transport Holding Company 23 September 2021
- Competition Launched for Non-Executive Board members 23 September 2021
- Road improvement scheme for Old Holywood Road, Belfast 22 September 2021