A £300,000 LED Street Lighting upgrading scheme is due to commence on the East Circular Road, Bangor, on Monday 09 January 2023.
This street lighting replacement scheme will ensure we have modern, cost efficient street lighting that will last well into the future and bring our lighting up to date. The new, more efficient LED equipment will cost about 60 per cent less to power and can play an important part in reducing carbon emissions.
The scheme will install a total of 83 new street lighting columns with new LED lights on both sides of the carriageway between the Gransha Road Roundabout up to and including the Donaghadee Roundabout. The work will also include full replacement of all the underground cables.
The Department has carefully programmed the work operations and traffic management in order to minimise inconvenience to the public. All work involving lane closures will be carried out during off peak times Monday to Friday between 09:30 - 16:00. Road users should be aware that some delays may be expected and that additional time should be allowed when planning any journeys.
Subject to weather conditions, the scheme is expected to be completed by the end of February 2023.
For more information about this and other improvement schemes visit: Trafficwatchni
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquires between 1800 hrs and 0800 hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- Publication of Young Persons’ Behaviour and Attitudes Survey 2022 Travel to and from School Factsheet 24 November 2023
- Antrim and Newtownabbey Borough Council Sign Pledge to Stop all Road Deaths in Northern Ireland 23 November 2023
- Repairs to Quoile Bridge, Downpatrick 22 November 2023
- Department to progress road improvement scheme at McKinstry Road / Derriaghy Road / The Cutts, Derriaghy 20 November 2023