A £300,000 resurfacing and reconstruction scheme will commence on the A5 Victoria Road on Sunday 28 July.
The works, which stretch between Newbuildings and Magheramason, will greatly improve the strength and surface quality of the carriageway.
To facilitate the resurfacing and to help minimise disruption to the travelling public, the work will be carried out under overnight road closures for two weeks from 7.00 pm on Sunday 28 July 2019 until 7.00 am on Saturday 10 August 2019. The road will remain open to traffic during the day.
During the road closures countrybound (Southbound) traffic will be diverted via the Duncastle Road, Berryhill Road and Woodend Road. Citybound (Northbound) traffic will be diverted via the A38 Lifford Road at Strabane, Letterkenny Road, Clonleigh Road, St. Johnston’s/Carrigans Road, A40 Mullenan Road, A40 Letterkenny Road and A40 Foyle Road.
Whilst the Department has carefully planned these road works and associated traffic arrangements to minimise disruption, road users should expect delays and allow additional time when planning any journey.
Completion of the work by 10 August is subject to favourable weather conditions, however, the Department will keep the public informed of any change.
For more information about this and other improvement schemes visit: www.trafficwatchni.com.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: email@example.com. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- Statistical press release – Publication of Road Safety issues in Northern Ireland 2018/19 20 February 2020
- £80,000 footway reconstruction scheme for Hillhall Park, Lisburn 20 February 2020
- £120,000 road improvement scheme for Tempo Road, Enniskillen 20 February 2020
- Mallon announces £226,000 road improvement scheme for Baranailt Road, near Claudy 20 February 2020