A £290,000 road improvement scheme on Kings Road, Belfast will commence on Monday 9 September 2019.
The resurfacing work, which stretches from Sandown Road to Knock Road, will greatly improve the surface quality of the carriageway and footways.
To ensure work is completed as safely and efficiently as possible, this section of Kings Road will be closed Monday to Friday between the hours of 8.00 am and 6.00 pm. Access will be maintained for residents.
To help ensure the safety of road users and road workers the public is asked to follow signed diversionary routes, comply with all temporary traffic restrictions and to exercise care when travelling through, or in the vicinity of, the works.
The Department has programmed the work and traffic management arrangements to minimise inconvenience to residents, however, road users should expect some delays and are advised to leave additional time when planning any journeys.
The scheme is expected to be completed by the end of October 2019, however this is dependent on favourable weather conditions and the Department will keep the public informed of any change to the completion date.
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: www.trafficwatchni.com.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: email@example.com. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- Mallon announces the start of £183,000 resurfacing scheme on Castleblaney Road, Keady 24 February 2020
- Mallon announces £300,000 resurfacing scheme for Finaghy Road North, Belfast 24 February 2020
- New £30,000 footway for Todds Hill / Windmill Road, Saintfield 24 February 2020
- Mallon announces the start of £300,000 resurfacing schemes on Victoria Drive and Victoria Road, Bangor 21 February 2020