A £287,000 carriageway resurfacing scheme on the B6 Clealough Road, Killyleagh will start on Monday 12 August 2019.
The resurfacing work will extend a distance of approximately 1.4 kilometres from No 52 Clealough Road, 100 m east of the junction with Tullymacnous Road to No 88 Clealough Road, 400 m east of the junction with Tullyverry Road. The scheme will deliver significant improvements to both the structural integrity and surface of the road and improve road drainage.
Due to the nature of the scheme it will be necessary to operate a daily weekday road closure between the hours of 8.00 am and 6.00 pm from Monday 12 August to Friday 20 September. During these times a diversion will be in place with traffic being diverted via B7 Crossgar Road/Ballytrim Road, Killyleagh Road/Killyleagh Street, A7 Saintfield Road/Crossgar Road, B6 Todd's Hill/Station Road/Killyleagh Road/Manse Road. The road will be open to traffic in the evenings during the week and all day Saturday and Sunday.
Diversionary routes will be clearly signed and local access for residents will be maintained at all times during the works.
In order to help ensure the safety of road users and road workers the public is asked to comply with all temporary traffic restrictions and to drive with care when travelling through, or in the vicinity, of the works.
The Department has carefully programmed the work and traffic management arrangements to minimise any inconvenience, however, drivers should expect some delays and are advised to leave additional time when planning any journeys.
Completion of the work by 20 September 2019 is dependent on favourable weather conditions. The Department will keep the public informed of any change.
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: www.trafficwatchni.com
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: email@example.com. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- Launch of recruitment competition for Londonderry Port and Harbour Commissioners 20 August 2019
- £100,000 road improvement scheme for Lisnagarvey Drive, Lisburn 16 August 2019
- £448,000 road improvement schemes for Melmount Road, Sion Mills. 14 August 2019
- Publication of ‘DfI Driver, Vehicle, Operator, and Enforcement Statistics 2019-20 Q1 14 August 2019