A £275,000 resurfacing scheme for Carrickfergus Road, Larne will commence on Monday 19 October 2020.
The scheme extends from Ballysnod Road Junction for approximately 2.4 kilometres (1.5 miles) towards the Carnduff Road and is expected to be completed by Friday 27 November 2020.
To facilitate the works it will be necessary to introduce a full weekday road closure on Carrickfergus Road (Monday to Friday) between the hours of 7.00 am and 6.00 pm from Monday 19 October 2020 until Friday 27 November 2020. During these times a diversion will be in operation along Ballyvernstown Road, Browndod Road, A8 Ballymena Road, Pound Street, High Street, Bridge Street, Inver Road and Mill Road and vice-versa.
The Department has carefully planned the work operations and associated traffic management arrangements to minimise inconvenience to the public. Road users are advised to allow extra time for their journey and to follow any alternative routes which will be clearly signed on the approaches to the works.
In order to help ensure the safety of road users and road workers the public is asked to comply with all temporary traffic restrictions and to drive with extra care when travelling in the vicinity of the works.
Completion by 27 November 2020 will be dependent on favourable weather conditions, however the Department will keep the public informed of any change. All work will be carried out in line with current public health and safety advice with safe systems of working in place for staff and contractors.
For traffic information about this and other road schemes visit: Trafficwatchni
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at email@example.com. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- Road improvement scheme for Pond Park Road, Lisburn 02 August 2021
- Mallon announces appointments to the Board of Warrenpoint Harbour Authority 31 July 2021
- Mallon announces £360,000 street lighting scheme on the A3 Lake Road, Craigavon to commence 30 July 2021
- Road improvement scheme for Jervis Street, Portadown 30 July 2021